1. TERM DEFINITIONS
Cargopedia is an online freight exchange (available at the following web domains: cargopedia.bg, cargopedia.de, cargopedia.net, cargopedia.es, cargopedia.fr, cargopedia.hu, cargopedia.it, cargopedia.pl, cargopedia.pt, cargopedia.ro, cargopedia.ru, tr.cargopedia.net), owned and administered by the following companies:
- Cargopedia SRL, a romanian company, Registration Number: 33541304, Trade Office Reg. No.: J40/10187/2014, with its registered office at: 53, Sos. Iancului, Bucharest, Romania;
- European Data Solutions SRL, a romanian company, Registration Number: 36989931, Trade Office Reg. No.: J40/1052/2017, with its registered office at: 395, Calea Griviței, Bucharest, Romania.
Cargopedia SRL (hereinafter abbreviated as AC) refers to the people who administer Cargopedia.
By Data Protection Legislation we are referring to the provisions of:
- Directive (UE) 2016/679 "GDPR" (General Data Protection Regulation) on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data
- Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 July 2002 concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector
as well as any national legislation or regulations implementing them or related, applicable to Cargopedia and its users
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
On several occasions (like when you sign up or update your profile), you may be asked to provide or update your personal details. This may include:
- First and Last name
- Telephone number(s)
- E-mail address
- IP address
By creating an account on Cargopedia, each user explicitly gives consent as AC may collect his personal data, under the conditions and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
Note that, after you complete the registration process, you'll be able to change this information any time you want, by accessing Adataim.
Users who choose to purchase access to a paid plan via credit card or PayPal are asked to provide additional information, including - as necessary - the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. Transaction data, including personal data, can be transferred to Netopia SRL (www.mobilpay.ro) or to PayPal Pte. Ltd. (www.paypal.com), in order to process payments. Sharing of information is voluntary, however, at the same time it is crucial to fulfill a payment.
3. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
AC uses this data for specific purposes, namely:
- To allow you using Cargopedia, as each account needs valid contact information;
- For authentication on Cargopedia;
- To display contact information in the ads you publish, so you can be reached by other users;
- To send you information about new service updates, special offers and similar information;
- To send you e-mail or SMS notifications when suitable ads are published;
- To customize the website accordingly (language, preferred currency etc.);
- To be able to contact you, in case any problems regarding your account occur;
- To combat fraud or software piracy and protect Cargopedia and its users.
4. BROWSER STATISTICS
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files and/or database. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, and date/time stamp. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends and to prevent malicious activity on Cargopedia. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to prevent and block abusers to keep using our services such as members who violates our terms of service.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
The server on which the site is hosted is protected from unauthorized physical access, and limited remote access, being installed in adequated and safe technical place. We make all reasonable efforts, commercially justified, to protect your personal information, analyze new technologies and, when necessary, apply upgrades to our security systems. Also, the harACare and software infrastructure used by Cargopedia is periodically analyzed from the safety point of view.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
AC does not alienate nor will alienate your personal data to third parties without your consent.
Still, AC further reserves the right to share personal information in the following limited situations:
- If AC is acquired or merges with another company; in these cases, your information will likely be transferred to the new owner;
- When AC is asked to provide information in response to a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- When AC believes disclosure is necessary to prevent or limit fraud, in the event of serious situations (cargo theft and other criminal activities), to protect the safety of the platform and its clients.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
To improve your browsing experience, Cargopedia uses a feature of your web browser called "cookie". Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device or preference, like language or preferred currency.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can ask your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to warn you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit. If you decide not to accept cookies, you will still be able to access sections of Cargopedia which are available to the general public, but certain parts of the site will work incorrectly or won't work at all.
9. USER RIGHTS AND OPPOSABILITY
Cargopedia cherishes the privacy and freedom of decision of its users, being in full agreement with the legislation in force.
The user has the right to oppose the collection of personal data and request full account termination/deletion, without any further obligation of any of the parties to each other, and without the right to claim damages or interest of any kind.
Users who wish to close their Cargopedia account may request this by sending an e-mail to from the email address they registered with. If it is impossible to access the e-mail address of the system for various reasons, it will be necessary to make a written request, dated, signed and stamped (companies only).
AC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
For minor updates, you should check this page regularly to ensure that you agree with any changes.